To start using the Attendance module, you must first:
- Set up your offices and define the geographical coordinates of each office
- Define work weeks if you have multiple
- Set up work timings for each office/team where relevant
- Enable image capturing to confirm employee identity if needed
- Assign employees to their respective office locations, work weeks and timings
Let's go through each.
1 - Set up your offices
- Under Configuration, add your office location by inserting the name of your office and filling the same under location to automatically identify your offices' geographic location from google maps
Click here to get more details on setting up new offices.
2 - Define workweeks if you have multiple
- Under Company Configuration, edit your default work week if needed and click on Add New should you have multiple work weeks
3 - Set up work timings for each office/team where relevant
- Under Configuration, click on Attendance and adjust the settings of your default work timings. You can only make edits to default timings and can add new work timings by clicking on Add New
- Fill in the details of your work timings as required for attendance. You can enable breaks and out of office check ins as needed.
- Breaks: Set the total duration of a break which employees can take at any time in a single day. If employees exceed the allowed break duration, it will be highlighted in red in your attendance report.
- Out of Office: Employees will be allowed to check in from home or other remote locations.
4 - Enable Image Capturing on the app upon check-in if needed
- Under Attendance, expand the General tab and turn on the image capturing option as shown below. You'll be able to see captured images on attendance reports, click here for more.
5 - Assign employees to their respective office locations, work weeks and timings
- Under the work tab on a employees profile assign the to an office, work week and work timing as shown below and save
Now you have successfully set up attendance for your employees. Next we will show you how to use check ins on your mobile app and generate attendance reports where needed.