Now that you've created work centers, you can start creating shift schedules for employees assigned to work centers.
There are 2 approaches to schedule shifts (1) Individually (2) Mass Scheduling
(1) Individual Scheduling
- Click on Shift Scheduler under Attendance to view the Schedule builder and select the date range for the week you wish to schedule
2. Click on each cell to schedule a (1) location (2) shift timing for each of your employees throughout the week
Saving as Draft: allows you to create a full draft schedule and publish it upon confirmation
3. Shifts scheduled in draft are shaded with lines as shown below and published ones are unshaded
4. To schedule a day off for an employee within the week, check the day off option on that day
5. To publish a schedule, click on Publish Shift to notify employees of their schedules
(2) Mass Shift Scheduling
This approach is useful if you have multiple work centers and employees as it saves you time selecting shift timings and employees simultaneously.
1. Select the week range you would like to schedule and click on Schedule Shift as shown below
2. Your work centers will be visible on the left panel and shift timings along the top of the schedule
3. Select (1) the work center and (2) the shift timing you would like to assign, and mass select employees by clicking on the check mark on each cell for all employees who will be scheduled that particular shift for that week
4. Continue to mass select employees for other shift timings for all your work centers as needed. Each shift is colour coded. You can un-assign a shift by clicking on the "x" icon. Click on Save Shifts when complete.
5. All your employee shifts will be scheduled in draft stage, click on Publish Shift to notify your employees of their scheduled shifts for the week
- Use the filters on the left to narrow down your search and pinpoint relevant shift details you want to view or edit
- Use the download button to export weekly shift schedules in excel format
- You can create all your weekly shifts in draft stage and click on the Publish Shift button to publish them all at once
- All shift employees affected by any of the scheduled shifts will be notified via push mobile notification of their new or changed shifts