How to close a month with all payments made for all employees?
You can close payroll from the payroll table or the transactions tab.
(1) From Payroll Table - click on the 3-dotten menu icon and select Close Payroll Month
(2) From Transactions tab - click on Close Month
- You can review all paid and unpaid amounts to date for each currency if you have not submitted all pay transactions for all employees and currencies.
Note: Click cancel to return back to your payroll table to submit additional transactions if you have unintentionally missed any payments.
- Upon submitting all your transactions as needed, confirm your request to close the month, as you cannot make any further changes and a new payroll month is open.
How to close a month with unpaid items?
If you have any items you have not paid and close the month, they will be carried forward to the next month.
- Click on close month from payroll table or transaction page as shown in the above steps
- You will be notified of all unpaid items - showing amounts paid to date for each currency and all unpaid amounts yet to be paid
- Clicking next will show you a breakdown of all the unpaid items in each currency
- Check confirmation box if you wish to proceed with closing payroll and moving all unpaid payments to the next month (this action cannot be undone). You will be directed to the Transactions page to view details of your closed payroll.
- A new month will be open. All unpaid fixed pay items (basic and allowances) will be visible under the Arrears column and all variable pay items will be shown under their respective categories.
- Clicking on any employee row gives you further details of amounts, payments processed and unpaid with additional remarks in the payroll pop up window