You can create an Unpaid Leave policy where any requested leave of this type, is automatically deducted from the employee's pay.
To set up an unpaid leave policy, follow the below steps:
- Click on Configuration under Settings, and select the Time Off tab. Click on Time Off policies.
- Click on Add Policy to create an new unpaid leave policy for your company.
- Fill in the name of your policy and select the unpaid leave option from the drop down list as shown. Click on Add Policy to proceed.
- Upon saving, assign this policy to the relevant employees as needed suing the "+" icon as shown or click on assign all if this policy is applicable for all employees. Scroll down and click Next when complete.
- Confirm or edit the details shown for each employee (Allowance, Pro-rated Days, and Used Days). For example, if one of the employees has already consumed/applied for days of this leave type in the past, you can edit the Used Days column.
- Your new leave will be added to your list of leave policies and you can make edits as needed by clicking on the leave menu icon.