A deduction is a negative pay adjustment you make to an employee's salary outside of their basic salary components. You can create you own list of deduction categories.
There are 2 types of deductions on Bayzat:
(1) Single Deduction: Single/one time deduction from an employee's current month salary.
(2) Recurring Deduction: Sum of money automatically deducted over multiple month payment terms which you can customize.
To create a list of deduction categories, follow the below steps:
- Under Settings, click on Configuration and click on the Payroll tab.
- Expand the Deductions tab and click on Add New to create a new category
- Fill in the name of the deduction type and save.
- To access deductions, click on Adjustments on an employee's Active Payroll Month tab and on the Adjustments tab under payroll on their profile to be edited as needed.
- Your list will be visible when you create a new adjustment for a deduction or recurring deduction as needed.