On Bayzat Benefits, you can customize your leave policies and create your own list of leave policies such as vacation days, sick leave or any other type of leave your employees are entitled to.
To customize time off policies, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Configure your time off policies
- Under Settings, click on Configuration and select Time Off
- Click on Add New to create a new leave type or edit the existing leave policies using the edit icon (in red)
Step 2: Define leave allowances and rules
For each new policy, define the following rules:
- Name of policy: e.g. Maternity, Bereavement, Days in lieu
- Type of allowance: - Annual: the full allowance (total number of days) resets every year and is offered annually (annual vacation/leave, religious leave, compassionate leave) - One Time: a single entitlement offered only once during employee's period of service (Hajj Leave, sabbatical Leave, adoption leave)
- Number of Days: Total number of days allocated for this type of leave as stated in the contract/labor law
- Carry Over: The maximum number of unused days days allowed to be carried forward to the following leave period/cycle.
Step 3: Activate leave policies for employees entitled to the allowance
On an employee's profile, click on Setup to activate relevant leave policies enabling employees to view and apply for specific leave types
- Scroll right to view and activate additional leave policies configured
- You can create a maximum of 20 leave policies
Don't forget to save your work!