Unpaid leave requests can be submitted by both admins and employees. Upon approval of the leave by all approvers, a deduction is automatically created on the payroll table.
As an admin (time off manager or super admin), you can request an unpaid leave for an employee by following the below steps:
- Under Time Off Requests, click on New Request
- Fill in the details of this leave request for a specific employee by selecting unpaid leave as the type of leave to be requested. You will be notified that a deduction will be created for these leave days.
- When the unpaid leave is fully approved by all approvers in the hierarchy, a notification will be shown on the payroll table as shown below for employees with automatic pay deductions associated with unpaid leave
- Clicking on Filter Employees on the notification bar, shows you the employees with unpaid leave deductions
- Click on the employee row to be directed to their current payroll month with further details on their pay to include the deduction details
- Clicking on View Details shows you a break down of the individual unpaid leave requests and the calculation for the deduction amount
- You can also view all adjustments for all employees to include unpaid leave deductions under the Adjustments tab as shown below
Click here to learn more about how unpaid leave is calculated and when it is reflected on the payroll table.