You can set up multiple public holiday calendars for your company. These holidays include any public holidays and company-specific leave days you offer your employees that are not counted toward their leave days.
How will it affect employee leaves?
If you follow a Working Days leave policy, only business days are counted as days of leave, weekends and company holidays (those on the calendar) do not count as used leave.
How to set up your holiday calendar?
- Under Settings > Configuration > Company > Holidays Calendars and click on Add New to activate your default holiday list
- Select the country for which you want to activate your default public holiday list (UAE selected below)
- A list will be populated in compliance with the UAE Labor Law which can be edited after set up by clicking on any of the edit icons
- To add another list of country specific public holidays, click on Add New, select the country and create your list of holidays that are specific to employees residing in this country.
To activate the automatic deduction of holiday calendar days on from employee leaves, you must first restrict editing of leaves on the leave policy setting.
To do so:
- Under Time Off Policies, click on the edit icon of the individual leave policy you would like to restrict editing for
- Select the "Restrict Editing of Leave" option to restrict employees from adjusting the total number of days computed by the selection of date range
- The calendar is linked to the residence location of employees. For example, employees residing in UAE will follow the UAE Holiday Calendar v.s. employees in India will be linked to the India Holiday Calendar.
- Automatic calculation of leave days to incorporate public/company holidays is only possible for policies that follow Working Days
(Learn more: Calendar vs. Working Days)