You can set up your own holiday calendar for your company. These holidays include any public holidays and company-specific leave days you offer your employees.
How will it affect employee leaves?
If you follow a Working Days leave policy, only business days are counted as days of leave, weekends and company holidays (those on the calendar) do not count as used leave.
How to set up your holiday calendar?
- Under Settings > Configuration > Time Off > Company Holidays and click on Add Company Holiday
- A default public holiday list (below) is created in compliance with the UAE Labor Law which can be edited after set up by clicking on any of the edit icons
- You can add a new custom holiday to your calendar by clicking on Add New and filling in the details as shown below:
To activate the automatic deduction of holiday calendar days on from employee leaves, you must first restrict editing of leaves on the leave policy setting.
To do so:
- Under Time Off Policies, click on the edit icon of the individual leave policy you would like to restrict editing for
- Select the "Restrict Editing of Leave" option to restrict employees from adjusting the total number of days computed by the selection of date range
- Holidays on the calendar are set as default days for all employees
- Automatic calculation of leave days to incorporate public/company holidays is only possible for policies that follow Working Days
(Learn more: Calendar vs. Working Days)