Step 2: Select Leave Cycle
A leave cycle is the 12 month period on which time off (vacation or any other type of leave) is calculated and granted to employees in accordance with their employment contract. The start and end of this cycle define when leave balances are refreshed on which employees receive a full allowance of days to consume over the course of the cycle. There are 3 types to choose from:
- Calendar Year: Follows standard calendar, starting from 1st January - 31st December for all employees
- Custom Cycle: Follows custom 12 month period you select, starting on the same date for all employees. Example: 1st September - 31 August
- Individual Cycle: Follows hire date of individual employees, 12 month period starts on employee's hire date and balance is refreshed every hire date anniversary
On the B.2. Time Off tab, select your cycle and if custom cycle is selected, insert the start date you wish to refresh leave balances on.
Note: the cycle must be the same for all employees.
Step 3: Calculating Leave Balances
Fill in the below data points for all your employees on the list for each of your leave policies. The default include vacation, sick and unpaid:
- Total days allowed
- Total days carried over from previous cycle
- Total days used (as of date auto populated on the sheet)
Following the same logic, fill in the data for all custom leave types by editing the title of leave types from column M onward.